[Newbies] Services Browser

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Oct 5 07:46:40 UTC 2007

Hello Mark,

MS> Is there a document that introduces one to the various
MS> browsers in squeak? Is there a documentation path for
MS> these browsers in the squeak env? (other than reading
MS> the source code)

Squeak by example has a chapter on this.

MS> If you (my new expert friends) were to open the Open
let's cross out the expert, spent just a bit more time :-))
MS> menu one day and find a new component in there that
MS> you had never seen before, how would you proceed to
MS> learn about it.

The first Alt click brings up the halo on the menu, the second one
narrows the halo to the menu item.

Choose "explore morph" in the debug handle. In the explorer look for
target, (a TheWorldMenu) selector (doMenuItem:With:) and arguments
(e.g. #(FileList #openFileDirectly)).

Then go fishing with the browser.

In case nobody replies on the rest, ask again with a new subject,
people might think I answered everything.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net