[Newbies] Second transcript window?

John Almberg jalmberg at identry.com
Tue Sep 11 12:34:57 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help. Scott's code snippet was exactly what I
needed. I have a couple streams of results and want to keep them
separate so they are easier to read.

I had it figured out this far:

((myTranscript := TranscriptStream new) openAsMorphLabel: 'My Private
Transcript')

But didn't realize I had to call openInWorld to make the window
appear. Such a big library to learn!

Thanks: John

On Sep 11, 2007, at 1:03 AM, Scott Wallace wrote:

> Ah... if operating a separate "private" transcript is what was
> being inquired about, try this:
>
> With a conventional Transcript or two already open on the screen,
> evaluate the following 3 lines in a workspace:
>
> 	((myTranscript := TranscriptStream new) openAsMorphLabel: 'My
> Private Transcript') openInWorld.
> 	myTranscript cr; show: 'hello, private transcript'.
> 	Transcript cr; show: 'hello, system transcript window(s)'.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -- Scott
>

> On Sep 10, 2007, at 9:33 PM, Blake wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:20:31 -0700, Scott Wallace
>> <madevu at pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, John,
>>>
>>> Via the Squeak UI:  each time you choose "open transcript" from
>>> the "open..." branch of the World menu, a new Transcript window
>>> is opened.
>>>
>>> Via code:  evaluate "Transcript open".
>>
>> But that doesn't solve addressing the two transcripts separately.
>> If you do that, and then do:
>>
>> Transcript show: 'test'
>>
>> It'll show up on both. If you bring up the halo and copy the
>> transcript, however, you get two completely independent transcripts.

Websites for On-line Collectible Dealers
Identry, LLC
John Almberg
(631) 546-5079
jalmberg at identry.com