[Newbies] Web services

Steve Lloyd lloyd.steve at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 06:45:46 UTC 2008

Hi Giovanni, Göran

I did get to know of CurlPlugin via your blog
http://blogs.corriga.netGiovanni, and the code for the RESTful web
services book looks like a really
useful resource (thanks!). And then I downloaded it from squeaksource, but
as I say initially was slightly worried about getting FFI, VMMaker and the
library compiled and put in the right places on both my deployment
platforms. Maybe I should just go for it! Which is why I was looking for
something which runs 'natively' on Squeak.

I'll certainly take a look at the HttpClient package Göran, and yes its just
"plain HTTP" I'm after, but requiring put & delete as Giovanni suggests.

Thanks for some food for thought.

Steve