[Newbies] Transcript usage

Mark Volkmann mark at ociweb.com
Thu Dec 4 11:48:10 UTC 2008

On Dec 3, 2008, at 8:56 PM, Sophie (itsme213) wrote:

> How do I programatically:
>
> - Find an existing Transcript window, or create a new one
> - View it (if it was previously docked or minimized)

Adding to what others have already said ...

A new, labelled Transcript window can be opened from code.

ts := TranscriptStream new.
ts open. "opens window with default title of Transcript".
ts openLabel: 'My Transcript'. "opens window with custom title"
ts show: 'Hello'

Another option for displaying small amounts of output is to use "self
inform: some-string" which displays a string in a dialog.

---
Mark Volkmann