[Newbies] Squeak Guilt

tjohnson at iwu.edu tjohnson at iwu.edu
Tue Dec 16 16:19:24 UTC 2008

If you don't program for your job anymore, how could working with Java advance your
career?  If you already know Java, wouldn't you be well-suited to already take another Java-
related job if you wanted?

Maybe you could advance your career just from using what you find to be productive.  Or
maybe you could just have fun.  :)

You could maybe look at my story as a case study.  I've been looking for something
meaningful to do with Squeak for almost ten years.  Numerous starts and stops of learning
the system.  Now though, at work I have the freedom to develop systems that make me more
productive, so I am finally beginning to cobble together a working system to keep track of
my employees' schedules, using Seaside, the Chronology package, and other Squeak
facilities.  I find it rewarding... every time I have an "a-ha" moment, I really get a kick!

- TimJ