[Newbies] Re: Recap: How to empty a collection

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Tue Feb 19 23:19:40 UTC 2008

nicolas cellier a écrit :
> Blake a écrit :
>
>> Well, from what I was reading, "slow" and "smells" is putting it too
>> mildly. It sounds like it can corrupt your image, i.e., leave you with
>> non-working objects in unexpected places. I wouldn't even mention it.
>
> Huh?
> Have a proof of what you wrote?

Ah i see, you mean dangerous if used without care, like
    Smalltalk become: Float.
(this one is not very dangerous, just crash your image).

But become: is still essential for operations like growing the
MethodDictionary when you add new methods to a class, or migrate
allInstances when you a or remove an instance variable to a class, to
name few.
So, it is not bogus. Just handle with care.

Nicolas