[Newbies] squeak map problems

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Sun Jan 6 17:44:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

please don't forget to reply to the list as well. These
discussions are valuable for others if they have the
chance to be archived.

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 13:44 +0200, Miron Brezuleanu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your reply - I have managed to download GLORP from Universes.

The universe entry loads the package from my server not from squeakmap.

> SqueakMap still doesn't work on the image where I tried it first  and
> neither on a *fresh* 3.10 gamma 7159 image with the 3.10 VM. It works
> on a fresh copy of Ramon Leon's image, though (taken from
> http://onsmalltalk.com/my-squeak-image/).
>
> The difference I can see between Ramon's image and the others is that
> on his image I can't update the squeakmap map, which I can do on the
> other variants. So maybe that image has an old and good url?

This only would make sense if Ramon's image would have a cached squeak-
map with Glorp version 0.4.129. Every other combination IMHO can't
 work.
> I'm a beginner, sorry I can't provide more detailed (or meaningful) information.

Hmmm, I changed the url in the package to point to a proper destination.
I did a fresh install of a 3.9 image. I opened squeakmap and reloaded
the map. The map reflects my change I've done two hours ago. But the
install action seems to try to load from the old URL which still leads
to the login form. The URL which is now in the map is correct but the
install fails. I'll monitor this.

Norbert