[Newbies] Where are the dialog boxes for input/output?

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:25:28 UTC 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 4:40 AM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello LoneHunter01,
>
> L> I'm trying to do basic i/o using Squeak and I've looked through my
> browser,
> L> but I can't seem to find anything that allows simple (keyword: simple)
>
> reply := FillInTheBlankMorph request: 'What is your real name'
> initialAnswer
> 'LoneHunter01'
>
> For more browse the class side of FillInTheBlankMorph or ask here, if
> you can't make sense of this sentence.

It would be better to use ToolBuilder classes for user interfaces. That way,
you can run your application on Morphic, MVC, Tweak or any other UI that
comes along.

Sorry I don't have Squeak available to give exact results at this time, but
I believe that in recent images there should be a class called something
like UIManager with methods to do things like this.

There's also a class called FillInTheBlank which does the same job as the
FillInTheBlankMorph, but I'd discourage people from using it directly.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/