[Newbies] What's the deal with the changes file/versions button?

David Finlayson dfinlayson at usgs.gov
Thu Jul 3 16:49:30 UTC 2008

The squeak by example book has a chapter on recovering from a crash
that I used just the other day in exactly your situation. I don't have
the link off-hand, but a google search should bring it up. Quickly.

>From memory it goes like this:

Open Help from the world menu and select "useful expressions"

A workspace opens up with a bunch of "useful expressions". Select the
first three lines and Do it. That brings up a dialog that asks you how
far back you want to go (you were saving new versions, right?). Then
you can select and file in changes you have made from the Recent
Changes Browser.

Again, detailed instructions are in Squeak by example.

David