[Newbies] more of a general smalltalk question

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jul 5 11:28:36 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Sean" == Sean Allen <sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com> writes:

Sean> but i'm using squeak as my 'really learn smalltalk' einvironment so...
Sean> can any suggest any good reading, books, websites, whatever for learning
Sean> the ins and outs of how exceptions, signals etc work in smalltalk. i'm
Sean> interested in both an 'end user' perspective as a start but getting into
Sean> the nitty gritty of the why of the implementation as well.

For me, the best way to understand the Exception class was to browse it,
browse references to it, and also to the subclasses, especially with something
like Seaside loaded that makes interesting uses of Exceptions to deal with
continuations.  Seeing how it works in practice made it finally go click.

There's no education like source code. :)