[Newbies] separating app from platform-specific parts of image?

John Chandler morph at growler.net
Fri Jul 11 17:05:36 UTC 2008

I need to run Seaside on a Debian Linux machine (a public web server)
to which I do not have console access.

I do not have access to *any* Debian Linux machine, in fact, I have
my PowerBook G4, and that's it.

I understand that I can run a Squeak package that implements VNC, and
that there is a "headless" mode that should allow me to launch Squeak
w/o any GUI.

It is not clear to me which parts of this are platform-independent
and how to get them loaded into a running image w/o having GUI access
to it.

I'm not even sure that I'm asking the question particularly clearly,
but I'm hoping someone can decipher my ravings.

-jmc