[Newbies] How to shorten a method (using inject: into: ?)

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Jul 22 16:24:25 UTC 2008

>>>>> "cdrick" == cdrick  <cdrick65 at gmail.com> writes:

cdrick> Always choose the most readable (before optimizing) and to me, the
cdrick> following is much more readable:

cdrick> mTotal := (testSets collect: [:each | each maternalCount]) sum.
cdrick> pTotal := (testSets collect: [:each | each paternalCount]) sum.

Well, the #detectSum: solution is even cleaner. :)

  mTotal := testSets detectSum: [:each | each maternalCount].

It's just a horribly named method, which is why I didn't find it at first.