[Newbies] Rouding Floats up to a number of decimals - Method Finder

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 23 15:03:16 UTC 2008

Hello Marcin,

agreed with the the beginning of your post.

Floats (their finite precision representation) often create as many
problems as they solve, if it weren't for trigonometric functions I'd
try to keep away from them as far as I could :-))

MT> Are you sure you want to truncate the number, rather than
MT> performing the truncation in the presentation layer?

And then Cédrick will go searching the printing protocol of float and
find the same problem in a different disguise.

Float's private protocol might contain a start with absPrint.....

Cheers,

Herbert