[Newbies] Exchanging Elements in an OrderedCollection

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:30:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:07 AM, cdrick <cdrick65 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi ---,
>>
>> For such problems there is another nice tool called Method Finder. There
>> you can insert all your objects, parameters and the result and Smalltalk try
>> to find a proper method for your needs.
>> I have found the swap method with the following message: #(a b). 1. 2. #(b
>> a).
>> >From my Array (#(a b)) i'm looking for a method with two
>> parameters(index) to get the result of #(b a)

Very nice...so,  from the Method Finder help:

"Or, use an example to find a method in the system.  Type receiver, args,
and answer in the top pane with periods between the items.  3. 4. 7"

do you put a number for EACH parameter...meaning if we were looking for a 3
parameter method we would put a 1. 2. 3. between the receiver and the
expected answer?

Thanks...I've seen the blurb in the Method Finder, but never quite figured
it out!

Rob