[Newbies] remembering variables

peter h meadows phm at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jun 3 03:57:48 UTC 2008

Ah. Well, more often than not the variables in my code stay as one 'type'
of thing. And I thought that generally they would otherwise things would
get really confusing!?

Sometimes when I try to understand how a program is working I get lost in
the debugger. What I'd like is a kind of overview of what's going on.
Something I can browse and focus in on the parts that seem interesting. In
theory I can do this with the system browser but it doesn't tell me how
everything fits together. I want to see an overview of how all the parts
fit together.. Who uses what.. Which bits are connected.. The order in
which things are done, etc.

Can I get the debugger to show a tree of message sends, that I can browse?
Something like that?

Any ideas? thx.