[Newbies] remembering variables

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Jun 3 07:00:02 UTC 2008

Hello Peter,

phm> Can I get the debugger to show a tree of message sends, that I can browse?
phm> Something like that?

I should have a ready made reply for this:

Cris Muller, author of Magma created the TracingMessagesBrowser. This
shows senders and implementors in an indented List.

What you have to know is you can drag over messages in the indented
list to select many and with shift right click (on windows) you get
"remove from this browser".

You need this when you implement a message with a name that everybody
loves and your implementors shows you a hundred implementors.

Search the archives of Squeak dev and most important, get it from
Squeak map. You'll like it. An algorithm encompasses 10 classes and
you can work on it in *one* window.

--
Cheers,

Herbert