[Newbies] Ubuntu and Squeak

stan shepherd squeak414 at free.fr
Sat Jun 7 16:28:02 UTC 2008

Rob Rothwell-2 wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:50 AM, stan shepherd <squeak414 at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> What do you get for SmalltalkImage current vmVersion please? When I use
>> apt-get or Synaptics I seem to get the 3.7 vm.
>

> It says:
>
> 'Squeak3.9alpha of 4 July 2005 [latest update: #7021]'.
>
> If it matters, I am running the Desktop version of Ubuntu, 8.04 LTS, 64
> bit
> version...
>
> Rob

Interesting, I moved to the version on the Squeak downloads site; it is
'Squeak3.10beta of 22 July 2007 [latest update: #7159]'.

Upgrading the VM got rid of a nasty bug where closing the Squeak window
exited immediately, even if you had unsaved changes or were in the middle of
saving.

I suppose it's time to upgrade Ubuntu as well.

...Stan