[Newbies] Project Ideas

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:12:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:37:44 -0500
"David Zmick" <dz0004455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This has been sent to both the Squeak-dev list and the squeak beginners list
>
> For those of you that don't know me, I am a 14 year old programmer.  I want
> to write something useful, but I don't have any ideas!  I have always had
> this problem, with any language, and, all of the problems that have been
> going around on the mailing lists seem to hard for me to work on, as I am
> not very proficient as a developer and I am looking for some easy beginner
> projects!  Thank you in advance!

Write a game!

Pick a genre that you like, or make one up (if you're really creative!). Games can be more fun to write than they are to play, and I think that Squeak should be able to handle 2-D graphics quite well if you use BitBlt and Forms directly.

Gulik.

--
Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com>