[Newbies] What do the (x) suffixes in menus mean?

Tim M 365nice at gmail.com
Mon May 12 12:45:40 UTC 2008

Hi Guys -

I'm new to Squeak (but not Smalltalk) - I've fired up Squeak images over
the years and been put off by the sheer noise in the user interface - but
then I discovered Damion's dev image and it looked a bit more approachable
- so I'm trying to get started.

I've been trying the seaside tutorial to get going, and one thing that I
have noticed is that when I right click (I'm using windows) I get a menu
and it has items that have suffixes like "do it (d)" "pretty print (r)".

What do the items in brackets mean? I thought they were some sort of keyboard
shortcut but I can't seem to work out how I invoke them - in particular I
was interested in how to quickly reformat my code when pasting in examples
from the tuturial?

Tim