[Newbies] formatting keyword messages

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:07:41 UTC 2008

I don't think the Beck formatting patterns are perfect, but I use them
because they are very good and very simple. That seems consistent with
the design of the Smalltalk language, which values simplicity and
consistency over exceptions (for example, the lack of special
precedence rules even for mathematical message sends).