[Newbies] SimpleSliderMorph target setting question.

Tim Patti timpatti at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 01:34:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,  I've been stuck for a couple of days on trying to figure out how to properly set the target and setValueSelector of a SimpleSliderMorph.  My intended target is an instance of a class that I created in the workspace and I assume the setValueSelector is what I use to send the value to a method in my instance of the class.

si := SecondaryCoil. "make an instance of the class"
si setTurns:10."set the turns to 10"
Transcript show:getTurns."print the turns"

The above code works in the workspace and transcript, but I cannot figure out how to point the SimpleSliderMorph target to my instance si.  Tried all kind of combinations with no luck.

I'd like to be able to use the slider to set the turns of the coil in my instance of SecondaryCoil.

I have 4 books on Squeak but I must me missing something obvious here.

Tim