[Newbies] Problem with text editor

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Nov 24 17:45:13 UTC 2008

Hello Alex,

AC> I am trying to design my first GUI using text editor and
AC> input field. But I'm a bit confuse on how to append the user input
AC> text to text editor in the next line without replacing the current
AC> value of text editor.

this is not clear to me.

AC> Basically I'm trying to list all the user input from input
AC> field to the text editor, for example:

AC> List of guest writer:
AC> Lisa Lewis
AC> Bert Hall
AC> Sonya Gayle

This looks like you want to use a PluggableListMorph.
Search this list or the swiki for PluggableMorphsDemo.pr

AC> Can I use WriteStream in my text editor method? Please give
AC> me some enlightenment. Thank you.

Actually I do not understand what you mean by a text editor. But yes
for adding together lots of Strings Streams are a fast way.

But your example looks like you want a Collection of Strings.

If this doesn't help, please give some more examples.

--
Cheers,

Herbert