[Newbies] scripts

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Sep 26 12:48:21 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Bert" == Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> writes:

Bert> Am 26.09.2008 um 05:12 schrieb Mark Volkmann:

>> Is it possible to run a Squeak program from a terminal window and  have
>> access to the stdin and stdout streams from the Smalltalk code?

Bert> Yes.

>> If so, pointers to documentation on this would be much appreciated.

Bert> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/708

That's for Squeak creating child processes.  I *think* the question
is more along the lines of:

   http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/425

as in, "how can I run Squeak from a command line, and get access
to the command-line arguments?"

The longer answer is that we generally *don't* do that, so there's not a lot
of discussion or support for it, but there it is.