[Newbies] Elearning squeak

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 01:21:49 UTC 2009

thegreenman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a returning (read:old) student trying to pick up a bit of
> programming knowledge. I'm looking for online lessons, preferably class
> lectures (like Berkeley does for Scheme) or some other video or audio
> learning aids such as podcasts.
>
> Is there a central repository for Squeak learning links somewhere that I
> have missed in my searches?
>
> I have the Learn Programming with Robots book, but it seems a bit too
> basic for my tastes,  recommendations fpor other texts would be
> appreciated as well. Is there something along the lines of a first year
> CS textbook focused on Squeak?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

No videos or podcasts that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean they
don't exist.

there's the list of free, previously published, books kept here:
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html

and some additional tutorials (from
http://seaside.st/documentation/tutorials).
http://seaside.gemstone.com/tutorial.html
http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

You could do worse than to start with either Squeak By Example or Pharo
By Example