[Newbies] Problem encountered when reading help files

Jerry Henderson jerry.henderson at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 06:30:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

SequenceableCollection>>last answers the last element of the receiver,
and is implemented as:
        ^ self at: self size.

It is an index error, when size is 0.

I assume this is a design choice, rather than a bug; but I'm too new to
know. Anyway, in 3.10.2, when I tried the menu path
"World::Help::Preferences::Help!", it threw the exception, apparently
because of an empty aHelpString. So I guess either
Preferences>>giveHelpWithPreferences should be checking for empty
stings, or the source data (the help strings) are improperly formatted.
I didn't know what else to do with my new found knowledge, so here I am.

--
Jerry