[Newbies] RFB-VNC vs RemoteFrameBuffer

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez m.coba.m at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:08:15 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> Lukas, is this correct? Should I use RFB-VNC 1.2?
>
> Most certainly you **do not** want the version from my repository.
> This is a customized version that I use to deploy images on my
> servers. I patched it so that it works in earlier Pharo images.
> Furthermore, I changed the default settings and removed some of the
> confirmation dialogs that made it difficult for me to use.
>
> Lukas

But I suppose that this version will be the maintained for Pharo. Isn't?

I installed RFB-VNC version 1.2 using Universe Browser (enhanced) in a
clean sq3.10.2-7179web09.02.1 image from Damien Cassou.
This installed RFB-lr.10.
I have tested it with xtightvncviewer version 1.3.9-4 in Debian
GNU/Linux 5.0 using:

$ xtightvncviewer -encodings "hextile" -depth 8 localhost:0

And it works without a problem.

I think I will use it for a while and if it fails, I will downgrade it
to RFB-VNC 1.0 from Universes, although I think that it won't be necessary.

Thank you for the info,
Miguel Cobá