[Newbies] Re: Resizing a form to specific width and height

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 01:37:50 UTC 2009

[Newbies] Resizing a form to specific width and height
Matthias Korn matthias.korn at uni-siegen.de
Sun Jan 11 23:16:02 UTC 2009

Matthias,

If you have a 3.9 or later image look at ThumbnailImageMorph>>newThumbnail: for details.

In building that I created a Point>scaleTo:(anExtent)  method which returns a scale factor
for the proper reduction of the receiving extent. It preserves the aspect ratio up to a certain limit
then it will squash things a bit.

Any morph can have a snapshot taken via Shift-clicking on the Viewer handle ( The Cyan handle with the eyeball icon ).

Thumbnails can be shrunk or enlarged. And their red menu allows you to select a pop-up option.
The pop-up option shows the original image while the mouse is held down on top of the thumbnail.
I got the idea from Scott Wallace who may be better known for the Universe Package System.

You may find the thumbnails are all you need.