[Newbies] Morph import corrupted

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jan 19 09:18:33 UTC 2009

On 19.01.2009, at 01:34, Mark Carter wrote:

> I'm new to smalltalk and squeak - and I must say, it seems capable
> of doing some pretty amazing stuff.

It is. Welcome :)

> I started playing with morphs today.

It seems as if you played with Etoys, which is an authoring
environment aimed at elementary-school children written on top of
Smalltalk. The boundaries between Etoys and the underlying system are
not rigid, but typically one works either in the one or the other.

> I created a Stack (which I called BlogStack), which has a TextBody
> (actually a scrolling text morph) and a button.

The Stack-related Morphs are experimental (and the experiment is long
over). In the proper Etoys image they are not even shown.

I just redid your example in that image using a Playfield as holder
for two buttons and a string. Storing the playfield as morph and
considered advanced usage and hence hidden by default). See attachment.

- Bert -