[Newbies] Setting up a squeak on a Ubuntu system

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 06:19:12 UTC 2009

I am old to squeak but new to unix systems.

I have been able to install etoys successfully from the squeakland web site. And I have been able to download and unpack zip files for etoys-dev and squeak 3.10.2 from archives. The files are in a personal home directory.

I am ignorant in how to tell my Ubuntu 8.04 system how to connect an image file with a squeak vm. (E.G. the vm that runs the installed etoys for example.)

What do I need to know?

Any wisdom, help or clues will be appreciated.

Yours in curiosity, --Jerome Peace