[Newbies] Building a remote count down clock

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Nov 6 12:36:14 UTC 2009

Andy Burnett  wrote:

> I want to build a count down clock that will be used for presenters at an
> upcoming conference.  The important point is that the clock needs to be
> started and stopped by the 'admin' guy, but displayed on one or more screens
> for the speaker.

Andy,

RFB (VNC) is quite popular in Squeak and may do what you want.

I haven't used Nebraksa, but as far as I can tell it solves the
distribution problem for you - if you want to build the UI in Morphic
or MVC.

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1356

According to this ticket Nebraska is broken in recent Etoys releases
https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7745 (I don't know about its state in
mainstream Squeak images, so you may prefer to go to an older Squeak,
or use Socket directly as Herbert suggested.)

Hope that helps, David