[Newbies] Recovering from a completely 'crashed' squeak image

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Sat Sep 12 22:02:16 UTC 2009

I ran the Update Software option on a new Seaside 2.8.4 one click image.
After a long period of downloading and updating, I tried to save the image
but got a DNU message about mouse overs.  Anyway, in the end the image did
save, but now when I restart Squeak I get a message saying "Squeak VM quit
unexpectedly".

I am not particularly worried about recovering the contents of this specific
image - I had only been playing with it - but given that I am sure this will
happen again at some point in my development life cycle, I would like to
know the basic approach to recovering a usable image.  What would people
recommend.

Cheers
Andy