[Newbies] OCompletion issue

recursive68 at gmail.com recursive68 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 22:02:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get OCompletion installed on Seaside 3.0 - Squeak 4.1 OneClick
image using Metacello and I'm running into issues. If I open a workspace I'm
getting the following error:

MessageNotUnderstood: SmalltalkImage>>hasBindingThatBeginsWith:
SmalltalkImage(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #hasBindingThatBeginsWith:
SHParserST80>>resolvePartial:
SHParserST80>>resolve:
SHParserST80>>parseTerm
SHParserST80>>parseBinary
[] in SHParserST80>>parseKeyword
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SHParserST80>>parseKeyword
SHParserST80>>parseCascade
SHParserST80>>parseExpression
SHParserST80>>parseStatement
SHParserST80>>parseStatementList
[] in SHParserST80>>parse:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SHParserST80>>parse:
SHParserST80>>parse
SHParserST80>>rangesIn:classOrMetaClass:workspace:environment:
SHTextStylerST80>>rangesIn:setWorkspace:
SHTextStylerST80>>privateStyle:
[] in [] in SHTextStylerST80(SHTextStyler)>>styleInBackgroundProcess:

SmalltalkImage(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #hasBindingThatBeginsWith:
SHParserST80>>resolvePartial:
SHParserST80>>resolve:
SHParserST80>>parseTerm
SHParserST80>>parseBinary
[] in SHParserST80>>parseKeyword
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SHParserST80>>parseKeyword
SHParserST80>>parseCascade
SHParserST80>>parseExpression
SHParserST80>>parseStatement
SHParserST80>>parseStatementList
[] in SHParserST80>>parse:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
SHParserST80>>parse:
SHParserST80>>parse
SHParserST80>>rangesIn:classOrMetaClass:workspace:environment:
SHTextStylerST80>>rangesIn:setWorkspace:
SHTextStylerST80>>privateStyle:
[] in [] in SHTextStylerST80(SHTextStyler)>>styleInBackgroundProcess:

I've tried reinstalling multiple times with a new image and keep running
into this and a similar error. Previous error occurred when creating a
subclass and auto-completion trying to run when typing the class name and
failing with an error, similar to the one above (can't remember exact
details).  It is driving me nuts.

Any ideas ?

Thanks