[Newbies] Re: Beginners Digest, Vol 46, Issue 14

Van Upboy van.upboy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 11:30:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for all your tips. Now I'm able to find classes and methods, and that
really helps to understand how things work.

I'm still wondering about a simple "search and replace" though.

When I do a text search, the whole system freezes and I have to wait until
it finishes searching. Why is that? I would like to go on rather than wait
for the results.

I've installed the SPDF package succesfully and am building a class to print
a bill for the cart. I'll look into the money object later. Creating a PDF
is creating enough headaches for now, because my knowledge of smalltalk is
so limited. But I'm learning it step by step.

I didn't get answers my question about squeak support for
internationalization, is that because there is no built in support for that?
Do the commercial smalltalk version support that aspect better?

Van.