[Newbies] Teaching Smalltalk

Samuel Williams space.ship.traveller at gmail.com
Mon May 3 13:46:48 UTC 2010

Dear David,

That link doesn't seem to work (whysmalltalk). Is there some problem on my end? I tried Google, but it also didn't show anything with that name..?

Thanks for the link to your blog, I enjoyed reading the article, and it is a useful resource for understanding Smalltalk.

On 4/05/2010, at 12:58 AM, David Mitchell wrote:

> For why smalltalk, you might check whysmalltalk.org.
>
> I wrote a little piece on what makes Squeak special on my blog last year:
> http://www.withaguide.com/2009/04/what-makes-squeak-special.html
>
> Don't have time this AM to rewrite the C code, but will look tonight. You might want to look at the first chapter of "A Taste of Smalltalk" which rewrites a simple Pascal program in Pascal style code with Smalltalk.

It would be really fantastic if you can rewrite the code. It isn't urgent. I simply want to ensure that the best possible code is made available as an example program. If you rewrite the code, are you happy that I include your name in the site credits?

Kind regards,
Samuel