[Newbies] Removing Squeak completely

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon May 24 20:18:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:37 AM, Stephen Ng  wrote:

> I tried out Squeak and now want to remove all traces of it from from OS-X Snow Leopard
> system. I deleted all the apps and the directories they were in. Now I still see that the icons
> for all my ".bundle" files still show the squeak "Lego" icon. How can I remove all traces of
> Squeak from my system completely?

It puzzles me that your .bundle files are associated with Squeak.

I am afraid I know nothing about the Squeak install scripts.  In my
system, even though I have several versions of Squeak, Pharo, Croquet
and Etoys, ".bundle" is actually associated with Scratch.app. (The
little cat icon.)

Since I can't answer your actual question, here instead is a
suggestion.  If you want your ".bundle" files associated with
Scratch.app again, then
(1) control-click on a ".bundle" file in Finder
(2) select 'Get Info' in the pop-up menu
(3) In the Info viewer, click on the spinner under "Open with:" and
select Scratch.app
(4) Click the "Change All ..." button

If this isn't what you want, you could post your question to the
squeak-dev list.  Mention the version of Squeak that you installed, if
you remember.