[Newbies] How do I diff two images?

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri May 28 16:23:44 UTC 2010

At Fri, 21 May 2010 21:35:14 -0600,
Clinton Blackmore wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> While I've programmed for some time, I am new to Squeak.  I was wondering how I diff or compare two images that are
> largely similar (such as, say, Scratch vs Scratch For Second Life).
>
> In other environments, I'd run the source trees for each project/variation through a recursive diff tool -- Beyond
> Compare, Changes.app, Kompare, or even `diff` from the command line. How do I do something similar in Squeak?

  I made "ImageBrowser" while ago.  (It'd require a little bit of
adjustments for Scratch Images.)

http://map.squeak.org/package/92e8f376-ba20-4c38-8b3a-abfb2bf24624

  It traverses from the Smalltal dictionary in anoother image and
fetch the method source and read methods from other .changes file.
Then you can remove all identical methods.  So, it is basically a
browser for code in another image.

-- Yoshiki