[Newbies] Re: Html Parser

Sayth Renshaw flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 00:21:46 UTC 2010

I was trying to follow the guide here
http://softwareengineering.vazexqi.com/2007/05/26/installing-packages-in-squeak
install the beautiful soup package. However I cannot locate the Squeakmap
Package Loader.

I know the menu and interface has been updated since this tutorial(and it
looks good) but I am looking in the "old desktop menu" but can't locate it.

Thanks

Sayth.

Yes it is, we are using Soup (http://www.squeaksource.com/Soup.html ) to
parse html files. It's pretty good, though not perfect. There are also 2-3
other html parsers for Squeak. We're using this one because it's designed
to be able to parse not standard compilant html files (which are very
common) The tools for xml building are in the Squeak image, look for
XMLNode and it's subclasses (XMLDocument, XMLNodeWithElements, XMLString,
etc).

Levente