[Newbies] Plumbin'

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:55:54 UTC 2011

Thank you for digging this out and sending in a note for other people
to have fun as well....

--Hannes

On 4/7/11, michael rice <nowgate at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I managed to get Ward Cunningham's Plumbin' app running in MVC (v4.2). The
> source (PlumbinSrc.zip) can be downloaded from:
>
> http://c2.com/doc/plumbin/index.html
>
> but be aware of proper order of fileIns, Plumbin-Framework.st MUST be first.
> I don't think order is important for the rest of the fileIns.
>
> Also, I had to write a Faucet controller. For those interested in seeing
> this fine example of Smalltalk view tiling, here is the source for that
> controller (fileIn AFTER Plumbin-StandardTiles.st):
>

> 'From Squeak4.2 of 4 February 2011 [latest update: #10966] on 1 April 2011
> at 10:48:53 am'!
TileController subclass: #FaucetController
>  instanceVariableNames: ''     classVariableNames: 'YellowButtonMenu'
>  poolDictionaries: ''     category: 'Plumbin-Standard
> Tiles'!
!FaucetController methodsFor: 'menu messages' stamp: 'ward 7/31/97
> 20:36'!
off
>     "Turn off the model's fluid flow."
>
>     model off! !
!FaucetController methodsFor: 'menu messages' stamp: 'ward
> 7/31/97 20:36'!
on
>     "Turn on the model's fluid flow."
>
>     model on! !
!FaucetController methodsFor: 'pluggable menus' stamp:
> 'mjr 4/1/2011 10:46'!
getPluggableYellowButtonMenu: shiftKeyState     ^
> YellowButtonMenu! !
> "!
FaucetController class     instanceVariableNames: ''!
!FaucetController
> class methodsFor: 'as yet unclassified' stamp: 'mjr 4/1/2011
> 10:44'!
"FaucetController initialize"
initialize     YellowButtonMenu _