[Newbies] Exception question

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Apr 14 18:52:25 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Erlis" == Erlis Vidal <erlis at erlisvidal.com> writes:

Erlis> I'm having problem with the line in red.

I don't see anything in red.  Please note that many of us read messages
in plain ASCII or unicode, not crappy HTML-pretending-to-be-email.

Erlis>  The method is pretty simple, it
Erlis> just create a new MessageNotUnderstood instance and then send the message:
Erlis> and receiver: messages, but it also *signal *the exception, which I was
Erlis> thinking will finish the method execution, but if that's the case, Why the
Erlis> red line? Why returning anything after signaling the exception?

I think you're referring to the fact that someone can say "resume" even
after the signal has been thrown.  That will return back to *this*
context, and resend the original message.  That's exactly the flow you
want if you want a chance to fix something in a debugger, and then retry
the original request.  The debugger "proceed" will come back to here,
but the original message needs to be resent, probably poking at a new
version of a method (or one of the methods it calls).