[Newbies] UI Reading In Text Field Input

calcrisk33 rick.m.wallace at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:30:15 UTC 2011

I am at the moment putting together a simple UI with Morphic Designer.  I am
struggling to find a way to read in user input.  For example:

A user inputs a string/number into a text field then presses a button -->
how do I print this to Transcript or save the user input to a variable.  I
am familiar with Java but can not wrap my head around this.

Any help or a snippet of code would be much appreciated!
Thanks