[Newbies] Using text morph to save characters

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 26 12:41:15 UTC 2011

The new characters are inserted before the current cursor position. So if the cursor is "1" then the new characters are inserted before the text. Now if the cursor is the same as the count of characters, they are inserted before the last character. You can verify that by "clearing" the Text to e.g. "X".

I'm not really sure what the rationale for this behavior is. I was surprised. Asking on the Squeakland list is a good idea for Etoys issues like this.

- Bert -