[Newbies] Re: ifTrue ifFalse help

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 08:15:48 UTC 2011

Am 2011-04-27 um 08:35 schrieb calcrisk33:

> bool = $a worked like a charm!  So what exactly does $ do?  I'm more familiar
> with Java and am trying to break that thought process... relating Squeak to
> Java.

Note that Java has not notion of first-class Characters.
Every character is just a string of the length 1 (just like you used it in the first place).

Think of a Smalltalk string as a collection of characters,
then, if you break it apart (with #index: or likewise), you'll
get Characters back.

So Long,
	-Tobias