[Newbies] Wingdings font?

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:31:17 UTC 2011

Yes, sort of. I found world > open > file list, which magically
displays a font load button when a TTF file is selected. Talk about
obscure! I tried a few fonts in FreeBSD and Win 7. Normal looking
fonts like Bookman Old Style look good, but Wingdings does not display
gliphs correctly. Just hollow rectangles.

Besides, if I create a project with non-standard fonts, those fonts
would need to be loaded into the image for anyone wishing to use my
project. Reminiscent of early Macs running PageMaker. For what I am
working on, portability is essential.

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> On 26.04.2011, at 19:13, Gary Dunn wrote:
>> Is there a font like wingdings available in Squeak?
>
> No, but you can just load any TTF font.
>
>> Trying to create bullet charts using a book morph.
>
> ¥ looks like a bullet point in Atlanta 22.
>
> - Bert -

Gary Dunn
Honolulu