[Newbies] Install squeak on BSD

bronta at rambler.ru bronta at rambler.ru
Tue Aug 23 04:23:28 UTC 2011

Hallo!
I'm trying to install squeak from sources on FreeBSD 8.2. I read Readme
and followed it's instructions. But when I run squeak I get error:
"Could not find display driver vm-display-X11; either:check that
/usr/local/lib/squeak/3.10-6/vm-display-X11.so exists"
I found this topic in bug tracker:
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7451
As I understood docs are incorrect and I must use cmake instead of make.
I used "cmake -i" command and got this message: "CMake Error: The source
directory "/home/.../Squeak-4.4.7.2357-src/bld" does not appear to
contain CMakeLists.txt."
Actually I don't know anything about cmake utility. And I need
instructions how to build squeak.
Please help!