[Newbies] Re: Implementing a simple timer

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Dec 19 12:51:59 UTC 2011

Sean wrote:
>> There is absolutely no guarantee how often #step will actually be
>> called. The given #stepTime is just a recommendation to the system.
>
> I created an issue and uploaded a new method comment.
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7683

I am not sure this is the bug in Jan's morph. "setTime" is a minimum
time, according to the Morphic white paper(*), but Jan's morph runs
too fast.

A WatchMorph also has setTime = 1000, and its WatchMorph>>step is only
called once a second.

Nevertheless, Andreas's suggestion is better than debugging Jan's method.

David

* http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu:8888/squeakbook/uploads/morphic.final.pdf page 13