[Newbies] How can I execute a script on carriage return?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Feb 28 03:47:29 UTC 2011

That's it exactly. Without the parentheses, the Transcript thinks that
you are trying to send it the message #show:printShowingDecimalPlaces:
which it does not understand. By adding parentheses, you are first sending
the message #printShowingDecimalPlaces: to 2.54343 (a Float object),
which understands the message and answers a ByteString object. You
are then sending the message #show: to the Transcript, which now
understands that it should display the ByteString as you intended.

Dave