[Newbies] How to make FFI work?

Overcomer Man overcomer.man at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:27:44 UTC 2011

FFI - Foriegn Function Interface example given at
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2422 fails to compile under a test class, so
it can't work.  The error is expecting a '>' which implies the apicall is
wrong.  Since it's example code, it's likely correct and the parser is not
working.

I assumed it was a failure of FFI to be installed properly in Squeak 4.2
All-In-One.  I tried the FFI install .st which gave an error about an
unrecognized password.  (I have since been unable to locate that code to put
the error and link in this post.)

This is confusing since the FFI .dll comes with the All-In-One so it must be
used somewhere.

Any suggestions?  Getting FFI code to accept is needed in my attempt to load
the old video package or try openCV.