[Newbies] Newbie stuck on page 43 of SBE getting syntax error trying to run SBEGame (Quinto)

dav0 dav0 at virtualsynthesis.net
Wed Aug 22 18:17:54 UTC 2012

Hi, Squeak is really cool so far, but I have finally hit a snag I can't
seem to figure out, and I think it may have something to do with the fact
that I am attempting to run the SBE on a slightly newer version of Squeak
maybe?

I am on page 43 of the SBE book and I get the following syntax error when I
follow this instruction:

"In a workspace, type SBEGame new openInWorld and do it ."

Thanks!

-dav0

---------- Syntax Error (Popup window) ------------------

HandMorph Morphic-Kernel he

----------

he user wants it and not just aligned with the cliprect"

(patternForm isForm) ifFalse: [
 "patternForm is a Pattern or Color; just Nothing more expected ->use it as
a mask for BitBlt"
^ aPort fill: aPort clipRect fillColor: patternForm rule: Form over].

"do it iteratively"
targetBox _ aPort clipRect.
patternBox _ patternForm boundingBox.
 savedMap _ aPort colorMap.
aPort sourceForm: patternForm;
fillColor: nil;
 combinationRule: Form paint;
sourceRect: (0 at 0 extent: patternBox extent);
colorMap: (patternForm colormapIfNeededFor: aPort destForm).
 top _ (targetBox top truncateTo: patternBox height) + offset y.
left _  (targetBox left truncateTo: patternBox width) + offset x.

left to: (targetBox right - 1) by: patternBox width do:
[:x | top to: (targetBox bottom - 1) by: patternBox height do:
 [:y | aPort destOrigin: x at y; copyBits]].
aPort colorMap: savedMap.