[Newbies] Newbie stuck on page 43 of SBE getting syntax error trying to run SBEGame (Quinto)

dav0 dav0 at virtualsynthesis.net
Thu Aug 23 03:49:46 UTC 2012

Update:

I seem to be able to fix the issue by running the same exact image (in fact
I zipped up the entire workspace) on another (slightly newer - Fedora 17
versus Fedora 14) machine.  I now see the "MessageNotUnderstood" error as
is documented in the SBE book.

My guess is that maybe the VM on the problem machine has yet to fully flush
out the bits of the SqueakV41.sources even though I re-ran the workspace.
 Either that, or there is some issue with the older Fedora 14 environment -
not sure?

The good news is: I'm back in Squeak business!

Thanks
Dave

p.s.  The reason this took so long is because I first had to figure out how
to run Squeak remotely from the other machine using X11Forwarding since it
is a headless server.  Speak up if anyone is curious as to how I am doing
this.