[Newbies] Modifying tooltips in Squeak

MJK mjk at iki.fi
Thu Jan 26 11:02:53 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to learn Smalltalk and to understand the Squeak environment. I've
done a couple of small applications and I've been learning basics of the
language itself and the environment but now I'd like to learn something more
concrete about Squeak. I thought that I would try to make some improvements
and customizations for myself and learn that way.

The first project: to modify those quite comic-like balloon tooltips. But
I'm not sure where to start. I have been poking around with BalloonMorph and
managed to change the border width and the tooltip color, but I'm not sure
if that is the right place to modify the appearance of the tooltips. I also
don't understand where the tooltip gets those polygon coordinates that shape
the balloon.

Could anyone give me some pointers, how to get started with the tooltip
customization?

Thanks,

Matti Kärki